In the following, we are going to see the usage and formula of present perfect continuous tense with some examples.
present perfect continuous tense formula:
S + have/has been + (V+ing) + O
present perfect continuous tense Usage:
we use the present perfect continuous to express an incomplete action that started in the past and continues up to the present.
present perfect continuous tense Examples:
- I have been working on this project for 2 years.
- I have been waiting for the bus since 8 Am.
- We have been living since 2010.
- We have been solving exercises since you left.
- She has been waiting for you for more than 2 hours.
- Has it been looking for you since I arrived?
- It has been practicing grammar since yesterday.
- I have been watching TV for 3 hours.
- Have you been looking for this class?
- You have been playing games for months.
Check also the usage and formula of:
- present simple
- present perfect
- present continuous
- past simple
- past perfect
- past continuous
- past perfect continuous
- future simple
- future perfect
- future continuous
- future perfect continuous