In the following, we are going to see the usage and formula of past continuous tense with some examples.
past continuous tense formula:
S + Was/Were + (V+ing) +O
past continuous tense Usage:
we use the past continuous tense to express an interrupted action that happened for a period of time in the past.
past continuous tense Examples:
- I was studying when my phone rang.
- When I was eating, my cat was playing around.
- Sofia and I were solving our exercises when my uncle got in.
- I was studying when to came to see me.
- Yesterday I was playing a game when you called me.
- She was writing an email to her uncle when her mother called her.
- I was jogging in the park when I saw a beautiful pigeon.
- Last night at 7 Am, I was preparing myself to go to school.
- My sister was watching TV when I was reading.
- While they were watching TV, We were practicing piano.
Check also the usage and formula of:
- present simple
- present perfect
- present continuous
- present perfect continuous
- Past simple
- past perfect
- past perfect continuous
- future simple
- future perfect
- future continuous
- future perfect continuous